Name for my dog....

I LOVE old man names for dogs ... I came up with a list of about forty of them and have narrowed it down to the ones I like the best. I have a little long haired chihuahua who is black with a white blaze, and tips of white on his feet, tail, nose, and back of his neck. He is cuddly, playful, and quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever held ... and without a doubt the best Christmas gift DH could have given me. BUT ... what do I call him????? I have Tobias, Seamus, Quincy, and Winston left as my choices.......

ServinGsus

Asked by ServinGsus at 12:18 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pets

• tobias!
    iluvmytriniti

Answer by iluvmytriniti at 12:24 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My vote is for Winston!
    AimeeBloom

Answer by AimeeBloom at 12:25 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I vote for Winston then you can just call him Wins for short its cute
    Crashmonster1

Answer by Crashmonster1 at 12:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You could give him three, like Winston Tobias Quincy. Then when you are mad at him you can call him that. I gave my dog a middle name, because I was used to calling my girls their full names when I was mad at them. It sounds so much better to be mad with a middle name in there. My dog is Cody Michael!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:37 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• "old man names" for a tiny dog -- too cute! I like previous poster's idea to use multiple names. My favorite name of the bunch is Quincy, but I'm thinking that's a more modern trend (surnames as first names) and not as much an "old man name".
    cam.i.am

Answer by cam.i.am at 12:41 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• lol, Pupmom! I call my dogs by their full names, too.

I vote for Tobias - Toby for short; Tobias (Surname) when it's 20 degrees or colder out and you're housetraining him, lol.
    sherriet

Answer by sherriet at 1:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I like Tobias or Winston the best... If I have to pick one... Tobias. I like Toby as a nickname! Too cute.
    We have a mini-chihuahua who is two pounds! He is short-haired all black. We named him Titus!! We like old-Bible names.
    mimismommy

Answer by mimismommy at 2:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• For some reason I like WInston (but don't tell my brother in law because that's his name :0)
    Makieno

Answer by Makieno at 11:27 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Winston!!
    mrslolo83

Answer by mrslolo83 at 1:48 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I'm nuts but I like Seamus!! Tobias is really cute tho'. What we did with Chili was try a few for a day or 2 and Chili just fit. I always say they name themselves
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2008