What other size can I use to make a meatloaf??

My husband loves bacon meatloaf and I want to make it for him for dinner tomorrow but I don't have a meatloaf pan. The only size pan I have is a 6 or 8 inch, will these size do good. I have made a meatloaf before but using a meatloaf pan never a baking pan.

LoriAnn87

Asked by LoriAnn87 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yep, I think any pan'l do ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• We don't use a meatloaf pan. We make a ball of meatloaf and put it on the broiler pan, this allows to the grease to drain. This is how we cook meatloaf (got it from my MIL), whose meatloaf is much better than my mom's.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• I NEVER use a meatloaf pan. I just shape into a loaf & cook it on a pan. We like it better that way.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• i cook mine in a casserole dish. i make it shaped like a half cylinder, kinda lol. i like it to sit in it's juices. i use the very lean meat like 8% fat
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• I make mini meatloaf with a cupcake pan, so everyone gets the end piece! They cook super fast too. Make sure you grease the pan. Kids love them!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• I have never used a meatloaf pan- I just shape it and bake it...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• I use lean meat as well!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• The cupcake pan is a great idea! I always just shape 3-4 mini loaves in a baking dish
    JPRose

Answer by JPRose at 1:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• I came up with it because I have four kids that fight over the end piece! Lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• You can bake it in any pan your heart desires. If you have a heart shaped pan, that would be cute since it's for your hubby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2011