Help me! Neighbor from hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help me! I live next door to an extremely inconsiderate dog owner. She lets her dogs run loose (even though we live in a leash law subdivision). Her dogs constantly poop in our backyard. In fact we barely get to go out there with our 2 year old to play- becuase there is always poop all over (and we don't even own a dog) or she lets them out and since tthey are two big- HUGE black labs they scare my son.
When she leaves on trips- she'll let them bark all day and all night. I have asked her to crate them or have the (pet sitters)put in her garage- she won't. She doesn't care. We live in Jacksonville, fl and I am trying to figure out what the laws are-- the police don't seem to care and say it is a civil matter???

newmamanew2town

Asked by newmamanew2town at 12:27 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Have you tried calling animal control? We're in Texas and they handle complaints on dog owners here. They will actually give a warning for noise complaints, enforce leash issues and pick up dogs that are running loose - if they know where the dog lives they leave a note on the persons door (assuming they aren't home)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:32 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Try animal control, as the PP said, or go to the police department and file a complaint about them.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:45 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• What happens when you file a complaint with the police??
    newmamanew2town

Answer by newmamanew2town at 12:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You can only call animal control on weekdays right? (Plus they're not going to break in her house to quiet her barking dogs right?)
    newmamanew2town

Answer by newmamanew2town at 12:48 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Get a pooper scooper and fling it back on her house. Or drop in off right in front of the door.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• What about the barking? Last night was the first of 10 nights (because she left to go to VA)- where the dogs (although inside) barked all night and our houses are so close to each other that the barking echos through our entire house. I am 9 months pregnanyt and already jave a hard time sleeping as it is-- this woke me several times-- as well as disturbed the rest of my family. Like I saod it even woke my toddler from his nap yesterday.
    newmamanew2town

Answer by newmamanew2town at 7:19 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• BB gun?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:45 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I live in centeral florida and there is a florida law for a noise curfew at 10 oclock at ten CALL THE COPS for the backyard find out where your property line is and post NO TRESPASSING SIGNS if she goes over it tell her she is tresspassing if this doesnt work call the cops and tell them you have posted no trespassing signs and she has dileberatly violated it... or you could go expensive and fence your yard in.
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I called the cops at 11:30 last night-- they said there is nothing they can do if she is not home-- and that I could file a civil suit against her-- obviously that didn't help and we were basically left to listen to the constant and continous barking. Needless to say I didn't sllep last night and I am having a bad day
    newmamanew2town

Answer by newmamanew2town at 2:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Sorry... What about animal control?
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2008