What do YOU want for the holidays?

I know that I no longer look forward to receiving gifts like I did when I was a child.

All I want is for others to enjoy the thought that I put into their gifts. That is all I want for Christmas. Well... maybe some awesome Christmas cookies and desserts would be nice too!

So what do you want???

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 12:35 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Holidays

• My mom's Christmas Cookies! Unfortunately we probably won't see her till a couple of weeks later. I don't even think she is going to be baking like she did other years. She says her heart just isn't in it. Sigh.........
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:38 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I'm getting what I want for Christmas yay! A romantic mini trip with my husband 3 nights wahooo!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I like watching my kids' faces on Christmas and this year will be more exciting because they understand santa and are in the process of learning the celebration of Jesus. That is the only thing I look forward to. If I had it my way though Christmas night I would leave the kids with Grandma and take advantage of one of Gods gifts....my sex drive:) That is how I would celebrate lol!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 12:43 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I wish my finances were better. This is the slimmest Christmas I will have ever had for my boys. They have to share their gifts and I cannot even finish for them because I ended up at the vet today with our cat and that cost me just over $100. So now the boys have to wait until after Christmas for the gift cards I was also going to give them. It has been so hard this year. The worst thing is knowing they will be at their dads who will drop mega dollars on them and I can't compete with it. I have already talked to them about Christmas this year and told them I will make it up to them if I get a tax refund next year. They told me they understand and it was no big deal. Good boys I guess. But still it is hard this year.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 12:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I already got what I wanted :) a stand mixer to make my cookies with! I've made like 15 dozen in the last 2 days plus 60 lbs of fudge, shipped it all this morning.

now I just wanna see the kids & hubby & my mom open their gifts.

I really want my mom to have an awesome Christmas this year. Last year my stepfather shot himself in the head on Christmas day...so it doesn't quite have the happy memories anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I already got my Christmas gift. I wanted cash.. and that's what I got. It went straight into my 'Summer Stalking Fund' (haha, you probably don't wanna know).
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I want a bigger place to live. Five people in one bedroom sucks.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 10:59 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Bacon...but I'm pregnant so I can say things like that...lol. No really, I want a dishwasher but I wont be getting that til January or February after the hub-ub of the holidays is over and we recover from paying our taxes! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• For my kids to celelbrate Jesus's birthday, for him to return, and a 14 piece Rachel Ray set. But probablay only the first on will come true, but I can always hope!!
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 11:04 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My brother and his fiance came up for the holidays from Fla. this year. The last time they were here was 2 years ago. My DF, DS and I will be staying over at my mom's on Christmas Eve so when we wake up on C-mas morning all 5 kids, my mom, my son, and my and my bro's fiance will all be together! That's awesome! Being with them and giving them the gifts we bought, and seeing my son open his gifts will make my day complete!
    Then, as if that's not enough, we all will go to my aunt's house later for dinner and more presents with other aunts, uncles, cousins and our grandma! Good times!
    teach_ohio

Answer by teach_ohio at 11:24 AM on Dec. 21, 2008