Yeast Infection?????

I was wondering if you ladies have experienced this. I know I have a yeast infection but the problem is Im 23 weeks pregnant and know that in the first few weeks in your pregnancy due to hormone changes you can get a yeast infection. I want to take something for it but know I can't and I don't feel like waiting in Urgent Care just for a yeast infection. Is there anything I can do or take to get rid of it on my own???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes you can take something for it. The oral tablet Diflucan (prescription) is not the best choice to treat a yeast infection while pregnant but the over the counter creams and such are fine. If you are not cleared up in one treatment then you NEED to see your regular OBGYN.

Don't take yeast infections lightly with pregnancy! They can cause preterm labor and at 23 weeks that would not be good.

There are also some common vaginal infections that you can get while pregnant too, I would suggest urgent care to be tested but if you are really sure about it only being yeast then hit up the drug store.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:45 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I am pregnant also. I recently had a yeast infection and my ob gave me the okay to use monistat....she said to be sure not to buy the one night treatment as it cannot effectively get rid of the yeast. She said the three day or seven day is best. She said if I treated it with monistat and then it was not better, I would have to come into the office. Mine went away with monistat, hope this helps.
    wynters_mom_08

Answer by wynters_mom_08 at 12:59 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I saw a big difference by taking Optiflora 2 a day for 4 days its natural and  its good to take for prevention

Ilisten

Answer by Ilisten at 1:17 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You can use any of the OTC 7-day treatments. Even the generic ones work just fine. Can you make an appointment with your OB, or if you don't have one, can you stop in at a women's clinic? You might want to rule out bacterial vaginosis or any other infections that aren't going to be treated by antifungals.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:06 AM on Dec. 21, 2008