Cheating Or Just Typical Guy?

Sometimes I think I'm being too rough on him for working 6 days a week while I stay home.

He doesn't have the time to cheat..but anything is possible now a days in such a small amount of time.

Things He Doing: Plays PS3 (sometimes too much), Gives my family attitude, Helps out (only when I ask him 100 times b4) Wants me all to himself, TEMPEROUS, Impatient, Doesn't allow me to touch his phone(because then he accuses me of being psycho), Drinks beer (on his only day off instead of dedicating it to our daughter and I.

Things He Doesn't Do: Cuddle with me, Kiss me (as much as he used to), Go 2 the park, Social events, etc.

Things He Used To Do: Completely over me, Excellent with my family, VERY helpful (without being asked), Romantic.

IS IT JUST ME? PLEASE HELP ME!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• he is stressed, the phone thing is kinda weird, but he is not cheating
    try this (it helped with my hubby):
    ask once and drop it, if he doesn't do it dont say anything
    ask next week again ONCE and drop it, dont mention that you asked last week and he didn't do it
    keep asking once and droping it every week or every other week untill he does it
    stay with the same request for this, dont change it every time you ask, maybe switch the wording around but stay with the same basic request
    shower him with affection for every little thing he does for you, and i mean EVERY LITTLE THING!!!
    after a little bit of this talk to him in a non-judgemental way about how you feel
    ex " i feel like...." not "you make me feel...."
    its a lot of work and a lot of effort but it is worth it
    cont..
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Is working 6 days a week stressing him out?

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Sounds like he just needs some down time. Is there EVER a break in his 6 days a week schedule? Maybe you should take it upon yourself to get a vacation scheduled for just the two of you and pamper him, you might be surprised with his extra attention towards you for treating him extra special. GL hope it works out

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:45 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• whoa, the phone thing freaks me out. My hubby and I use each others phones all the time.
    But sounds like maybe guy thing for thinking he does enough already. Nagging does not help with this by the way- only makes problem worse.

Maybe talk to him about it during a neutral time like dinner, when you are not asking him to do something.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:46 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I think the working is stressing him out.
    I can work as well...but he would rather me stay @ home with our three year old.
    See, the phone thing REALLY freaks me out as well.
    And not to seem like a crazy person, but as soon as he was getting overprotective about it, I went online to look @ all the calls he's making and there was not ONE suspicious one.
    But, you know the thought of him cheating still crosses your mind.
    We've been together for 3 years now and I never got the feeling he was cheating til now.
    When asked in a neutral time about the phone or if he's cheating he's really calm about it and says why would you think I'm cheating? Doesn't look nervous at all. And he sucks @ lying by the way.
    About the phone, he'll just say there's nothing there that can ruin a relationship. I just need some privacy with my friends.
    But, alone time is what I think we really need.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i went through the same thing with my hubby a couple years ago and this help me and my hubby
    i really hope you two can get through thismaybe also try couceling or talk to your pastor at church (if you go to one), cause they can help almost as much, sometimes more, and they'll do it for free
    good luck and i hope it works out for you
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:18 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Sounds a little like my dh, except for the phone thing. He works 6 sometimes 7 days a week too. I know it stresses him out. And on his off time, he wants to just relax, not do everything I ask him to do. And he used to be a lot more affectionate, but honestly, we're both tired! lol Sounds like you two need some time together alone. Maybe he could take a few days off work and you could get away for a weekend? The phone thing, I'm not sure. My dh will make jokes about it if he sees me with his phone, but he would never tell me I couldn't look at it. But maybe your dh just wants to have some privacy. It all sounds pretty normal to me, but that's jmo. I hope it works out for you!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:48 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Only thing is the phone issue,
    Why in the world would he call you psycho ?? when u just want to see his phone?

i would get it when he is sleepin. see whats goin on in that little phone of his

other than that maybe he is just stressed from working...
    unplugging the tv...so he cant play his game..or maybe hiding a part of his game lol like the controllers
    that will give u time to cuddle
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:41 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Don't like the phone thing at all. Not necessarily cheating, but still....... As far as the other stuff. Things do change like work related stuff, family stuff, etc. Women are affected by these things too but men seem to have a harder time coping with things and tend to get more stressed out than we realize. We expect them to be strong all of the time but they are just as fragile as we are. Yes, even the big tough guys! One thing to try if there is too much arguing going on is to write him a letter and tell him how you feel and how you'd like to help him and how you'd like him to help you. If he has a letter that he can look at several times, he may be able to process the info better, rather than having you talk "at" him when you are angry. Just an idea.....good luck.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 2:51 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You just described my husband EXACTLY. Right now until Christmas, he is working everyday though. He isn't cheating......there's no time for that. He's home when he's supposed to be, etc. My husband always wants me to himself to and comes across (to me) as resentful of the time that I give to the kids when he's home. Then it annoys me because they are just kids and he contributed in the making of them and why the heck does he need to annoy me so much? LOL. Sometimes I just point out how selfish and self centered he is becoming and he backs off for a while, but it always comes back. And the game playing......if he waits until the kids go to bed I don't care as much, but when he does it instead of spending time with us, makes me mad.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:46 AM on Dec. 21, 2008