what can i do for cracked nipples?

mychocolatedrop

Asked by mychocolatedrop at 8:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breast milk is very good for your skin. (I assume you're nursing)Leave some on your nipples every time you nurse and let them air dry. Don't use soap on them. They also sell cream especially for that, but I never used it.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Lanolin cream works wonders!! You can get it at any drugstore, or Wal-mart. The name brand is Lanisoh but all of the stores have their own brand and it works just as good and it's cheaper. I used it when I nursed both my kids, especially with the first one because I was new at it and had trouble getting him latched properly at first and so it hurt. I used the lanolin cream after every time I nursed and it healed me up right away. With my second one, I started using it from the start after every time I nursed for the first few weeks to prevent any pain or cracking and I never had any problems.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I can't remember the name of the lotion, but the make a lotion specifically for cracked nipples.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 10:48 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Laniolin is great and make sure to air out your breasts after each feeding.If you can, leave your bra open for a few minutes after your baby is done nursing, that will help alot...
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 11:05 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• laniolin is good i love it
    godsgirl26

Answer by godsgirl26 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2008