Are scabies dangerous during pregnancy?

Ok this is totally gross, but my sister has been sleeping with a guy for a couple of months that she KNEW had scabies, but didn't take any precautions. Now, they are broken up, but now SHE has them. She's had them for a couple of weeks and doesn't care, she even brags about having them to her friends and co-workers. To me, that is totally disgusting to brag about---it's like head lice in your skin....
ANYWAYS...she finally went to the doctor today and got it confirmed (she only went bc she lives with my mom who threatened to kick her out if she didn't go) but she won't get the meds... I didn't know any of this and was over their house today and was all over the furniture, sitting on the toilet, etc (she has it on her butt, too). AND I'M 9 MONTHS PREGNANT.....if I catch it, will it be treatable for me???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• get tested right away it is highly contagious and will become very uncomfortable for you.
    Princessstar024

Answer by Princessstar024 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Is there a test for it? I thought it was like lice, you get "tested" by sight....?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Dec. 21, 2008