Is my son a pervert?

My son is 19 months old and trys to hump everything, his tractor, teddy bear, ball, tha cats, everything. We tell him no and take the toy away or rescue the cat, but a while latter he's on something else. Is this normal? How do we stop it?

trappermom

Asked by trappermom at 1:03 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think you are perverted and sick to even think such a thing. I don't get parents. Yes, it's perfectly normal. Now let it go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Dont try and stop it. Just remind him its only okay at home and not in public. He doesnt know any better and you dont want to make it weird for him either. He is very curious at this age and though not all kids do it, its fine. His doc should go over this at his 2 year check up, but if you're still concerned I would talk to the doc now instead of later.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 1:06 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• ITs fine he thinks he can ride everything he will get over it im sure.
    ericaanthony

Answer by ericaanthony at 1:09 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Not trying to make light of your situation....but I have the same problem with my 21 year old son!!! I only wish it was still tractors and teddy-bears!

......Sorry, couldn't resist.

I have 3 boys, and they all went through that stage.
    leeceeann

Answer by leeceeann at 2:00 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• that is a perfectly logical question anon. but yes this is normal. It is more of our thinking this way, not the child thinking that way. I once had a girl in daycare that humped everything esp. when she laid down to go to sleep.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 2:08 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• haha leeceeann
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 2:09 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• to the first responder, grow up, not every word mentioned about sex is nasty, she has a vaild question and if you can't handle your sensitivities being tarnished then don't reply

to the OP, i feel you momma, i've been worried about erections since my baby was newborn, as far as the humping goes for boys or girls, they are human, if it feels good, they are gonna do it, more n likely he'll grow out of it, just try not to bring tooooo much attention to it or it will pop up at times he is frustrated and needs attention
    simonssuperhero

Answer by simonssuperhero at 9:45 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• A lot of boys have that problem and it's perfectly ok. My son was a persistant rocker and I was worried that it was a problem...autism or something. My pediatrician said that boys sometimes rock to stimulate themselves and that was perfectly ok and it was something he would outgrow.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• ive heard its normal!! its okay! also, some people are just so rude!! this is a legitimate concern that every parent has. I guess thats why it was anonymous..they were embarrassed that they would even respond like that..
    sabinam

Answer by sabinam at 7:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• also when you see him doing it, try to get his attention to do something else, dont harp on it, or say anything about it. if you do make a big deal he will begin to understand there is something about it, right or wrong, and he will continue to do it till he figuresit out. :)
    sabinam

Answer by sabinam at 7:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2008