How often does your 4 month old get a bottle (formula) and how often does your baby take naps?

ethan10

Asked by ethan10 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My little girl is also 4 months (and my first!). She eats about every 4 hours during the day, sometimes every 3 hours. She goes to sleep at 8:30 at night, will wake up twice at 2am and 5am to eat, but never really opens her eyes, just wants to eat. Then she is awake at about 7am. She started rice cereal last week. I started with just about a tablespoon for the first few days, just enough for her to learn what she needs to do. I didn't try to overdo it. Now she is up to about twice that. I just feed her a little at a time til she starts acting a little fussy, then I finish with her bottle. Her daddy will wake up in the middle of the night to eat, or wake me up if he hears my stomache growl to ask if I am hungry!... I have a feeling she is going to be alot like him!
    Mom2Joana

Answer by Mom2Joana at 11:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• Nurse on demand about every 3-4 hours during the day and hmm,,,4-6 hours or so at night.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• You're asking what we did at that age? Nurse on demand. Nothing more.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• At 3 months mine were nursing approx every 3 hours from 7am-10pm and then sleeping through from 10pm -7am.

Answer by missanc at 7:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• Still just nursing on demand at 4 months.
    amcGI

Answer by amcGI at 8:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• Thank you for all your answers! I am not able to nurse, and my baby sleeps at 730ish and sleeps until 630ish. Sometimes waking up in the middle of the night. I am not sure if he should be on a regular schedule with bottles and naps. My doctor also suggested that I feed him rice cereal, but I am not sure on how much and when. I'm a new mom and would love some good advice:)
    ethan10

Comment by ethan10 (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• Oh, and I feed her cereal at the noon meal. It's right before I go to work. I am unable to feed her before she goes to bed so the noon meal works best for us. Most people have suggested before she goes to bed to help her sleep better. But is sounds like your little one is a good sleeper.
    Mom2Joana

Answer by Mom2Joana at 11:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2011