Is it possible to leak amniotic fluid without loosing your mucus plug?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It sure is. There is a leak in the sack AND the plug CALL the DR or go o the ER just to make sure everything is ok with you and the baby!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:22 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My plug never comes out all at once, it comes out slowly over time in small clumps (lovely, I know) - certainly if you think you're seeing amniotic fluid call your doctor or go to L&D/triage. They can do a swab inside the birth canal and test for amniotic fluid pretty easily. It's always better to be safe then sorry. Good luck Momma!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yeah...I'd suggest a trip to the ER (or at least a call to the doc) as well. Too much chance of infection if you are leaking fluid.
    leeceeann

Answer by leeceeann at 3:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2008