book eaters?

My 15 month old dd eats her books, or rather, she chews them to shreds. She'll look through them and point things out and do all that normal stuff, but she still chews them to bits. She's very oral. Any other LOs destroying their reading materials?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mine do it too, started with chewing. now my 2 1/2 year old is into the phase of pulling off stickers and he thinks board books need pulled apart too. GRR! I'm so sick of finding shredded cardboard hidden in their room!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• absolutely. my twins will be 2 in march and they still chew on their books. they also tear them up. they are getting better. there is a difference between what they do to the books i just let them have and the ones they only see for bedtime stories, they dont mess with bedtime books.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 7:05 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Mine did. She finally outgrew it just before her second birthday - thank goodness! For a while, I took all of her books away from her except a couple she had already chewed up. I would pull them out at storytime but I wouldn't leave them where she could get her hot little hands (and teeth) on them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• LOL!! Frankly, I think it is hilarious at times. My daughter just turned one a couple of weeks ago. She eats anything that has the consistancy of paper or cardboard. The doctor has given her two books and she had chewed up the spine of both books. U cant give her a water bottle without taking the paper wrapping off. If you dont, next thing u know she is smacking, sucking and chewing on paper. But I've notice that she does good with the books that have, what seems to be plastic on the outside but cardboard pages. she doesnt chew those up. Only the ones with cardboard on the outside.
    monieluvya

Answer by monieluvya at 2:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2008