33 weeks pregnant with a Breech baby

What are the odds that she will flip? And also, Will I be able to feel her flip? Will it hurt?

tawnbond

Asked by tawnbond at 2:11 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Lots of babies don't turn that early. My son had turned and then went back to breech and I am 33 weeks too. heh. Some people don't have the baby turn and drop until the very last minute. Usually babies face head down around the 36th week. I've never been very good at telling which way my kids were facing - but it doesn't hurt. Some people feel a lot of increased pressure in their nether regions. Others feel relieved of pressure from their lungs and stomach! :) Good luck!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:19 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• If it happens in the last couple of weeks of pregnancy it can be painful. A lot of doctors will give epidurals when attempting to manipulate a turn of the baby before labor starts. My MIL says that my DH was breech right up until a few hours before labor began, though, and when he turned it wasn't painful. There's a move you can do to encourage them to flip, though - getting on all fours and repeatedly tilting oyur pelvis. Sounds dumb, but I wish I would've known that move before my breech daughter was born via c-section. I would've tried anything to prevent that!
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• im 34 weeks and my baby is breech my doctor said if she doesnt flip around by next week which is my appt on wed. then she's goin to schedule and ultrasound for them to try and flip her around..so im hopign she does..ive been feeling alot of pressure though but idont know if it was her flipping around..people say ive been gettin braxton hicks..
    vanessa23408

Answer by vanessa23408 at 3:53 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• DO NOT HAVE THEM FLIP YOUR BABY! DD was breech as well, I found out at 39 weeks. When they flipped her I was in THE MOST horrific pain. It was the most terrifyingly painful expierience I've been through, worse then labor. They didn't bother to tell me that the babies chord could get wrapped around it's neck, the baby could go into stress and it's heart could stop, DON'T DO IT! I had no epidural, But those risks are not worthing trying it. Just get a C-Section if the baby doesn't turn, I did and it was the best choice I could have ever made.

b_pacheco

Answer by b_pacheco at 6:12 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Just be happy you all know your baby is breech and the drs can handle it from there. With the birth of my 3rd my water broke and we didnt find out he was breech till he was 1/2 way out.. though thru the whole labor I told the dr something wasnt right. and the drs and nurses both told me every labor is different.
    jennifer6jc

Answer by jennifer6jc at 12:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2008