my inlaws think i am stupid..

ok so they havent seen my son in 6 months. (dont care..) and now they keep calling my dh lately asking him when will he bring our son over to theyre homes...
well my dh keeps telling them the samething "call my wife and apologize to her then things will change" his father is making shit up about me to try to turn my dh on me... its not working! ok the problem we have with them is this the are rude loud racist and smoke pot around children and i dont want my son around that. ask them nicely to do a small thing and they all flipped out on me! i dont like them talking and making fun of what i am my son is african american too!! also they called me a "n***er"! why should i put our son around that ?? its not like they cared when he was born i was in the hospital for a week! and the only one who was there for me was my dh. his father didnt even bother to visit! so why do they care now should i just do everything theyre way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• I say you have a right to put your foot down about that
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 2:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You stand your ground. You are only protecting your son. They are the ones that are not very smart. Kudos to your DH for him sticking up for you.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i just cant believe how selfish they are they expect me to just say that i am wrong they are right! like i am just suppose to be inferior or something... and they treat my bil wife soooo good shes native american and hispanic well i am half mexican too and she makes fun of mexicans too as if she isnt one! my hubby is white and i never made a racist comment to them! but i guess they dont except me....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Girl.!!!

You do your thing...i wouldnt let them jerks see my little baby either!!! EVER...even if they say sorry i would still tell them where to go!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I think it is great that your dh is standing up for you! IMO your in laws can go to hell!! But on the other hand they are your childs' grandparents, Its your family and your child and you get to make the rules. If they are amenable than maybe you can set up a time where they can see your child in your home. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Sounds like they are just not the kind of people to have your child around......period. You are the parent and the grandparents don't have any rights to the child so keep them away and don't feel bad about it. In life it's best to avoid bad people whenever you can. If they have shown themselves to this ignorant an unkind to other human beings then they don't deserve your friendship or that of your baby's. Good luck.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 2:42 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i read that and got so pissed. why would they call you a n****? your son is mixed so they are basicly calling him that as well. why even give them the chance to see him if thats what they are gonna do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You are very very lucky to have the support of you husband standing up to them. As long as they are racists, potsmokers, etc, do not let any baby around them!!!! You should be very proud of hubby standing up for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You sound like a very intelligent woman and a n**ger you are most definintly not. I wouldn't see them either. I can't stand racists people who make themselves look like such a disgrace and idiots all over someone being African American or any other color. Personally I wouldn't have even went to the extent to have given the opportunity to reconcile with me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• If they love the other mixed DIL, then then they're not entirely racist, just some rude inconsiderate people. Is it possible that they're trying to make an effort now and that's why they're calling?
    I know it's hard to get past what someone says to you like that and you do deserve an apology for being called any name, but especially that one.
    Kudo's to hubby for backing you up. His family needs to understand that when they use that word, that they're being disrespectful to you, your husband and your children.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:11 AM on Dec. 21, 2008