What's the rudest thing someone has said to you about your kid?

My son is 4 mons, 25 inches and weighs 14lbs 5.4 oz. He is still wearing 0-3 month clothes. I hate when people come up to us and their like...your baby is so cute...how old is he...I say 4 months and they say one of these: Woah he's a big boy, Oh, he's fed good, Geeze, he's big! UGH I don't know why it bothers me...well yah I do...it's because I was bigger than most kids growing up(thick not fat) and I don't want him going through the same thing. He has cute chunky cheeks but that is all that's chunky on him. What do people say to you about your kids that's offensive.

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 2:43 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Everybody said that about my babies-"WOW looks like he doesn't miss a meal" "Bet he's never been late for supper" Aye ye ye trying to be comedians and sh*t;) But honestly this happens to my friends too, so maybe people just don't really know what to say. IDK
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• How about he's cute. end of sentence :) I feel like I have to defend him...Actually he's only between the 25th and 50th percentile and he is still wearing 0-3 month clothes in which they respond...I don't believe that...Well believe it people an leave my kid alone geeze! haha people an their mouths.

britni11

Answer by britni11 at 2:52 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Last year, when my son, David, graduated Kindergarten. This other mom came up to me and said, "Oh, look, Carla, that's so cute. Your son is like the shortest kid in the whole class."
    I smiled at her and said, "Yeah - well my son can read at a fourth grade level. How about yours?"
    Petty...I know. But she should have kept her mouth shut. She's one of those moms who thinks her kid can do no wrong...and she loves pointing out anything she deems is a 'fault' - but her child is an angel. Whatever....
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 2:54 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• my kids are mixed, the rudest question i was ever asked is did you adopt them? come on it is 2008 isn't it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I don't have a mixed kid but I feel bad for parents who do and get asked stuff like that, especially in front of the kids. I would be mad...people are like...oh are you babysitting or those aren't your real kids are they??? come on...I wouldn't dare say or ask someone that. It's so rude!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 3:08 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i know how u feel, my son was born at 2lbs 10 oz, he is now 5 months and weighs 14lbs and 28 inches........ people have been telling me that he is fat and going to be over weight.... I hate it so much specially when it comes from family
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I will be 22 in a few weeks and I have an almost three year old. I was in the grocery store a few months ago with my husband and my daughter and I told her to follow him. She ran after me and I just laughed and said fine come on. An old woman smiled and said aw you want to stay with your big sister! I smiled and said actually I'm her mom, and she glared at me. Seriously now! I am a married woman, I have a bachelors degree for heaven's sake! I know I look young, but give me the benefit of the doubt.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:32 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• We (my dh and I) know how you feel tori...I'm 23 and my dh is 27 but we both look 20 and people look at us all the time like...what are you doing with a baby! My husband gets it the worst. Like at work, people will talk to him like he's stupid because they think he's a teenager and he's like I'm a grown man and almost 30 years old. I have a wife and a baby and I don't appreciate you talking to me like i'm stupid...Seriously, this woman carded me at Walmart and I couldn't figure out why because I had paid with cash...Then I realized I had bought an R rated movie! I just laughed...
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 3:37 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I was an still am a young mother . I had my oldest son when I was 16 and he was a surprise.( I say it that way because the difference between an accident and a surprise is an accident is something you regret and a surprise is something that you didn't know you wanted until after you got it .)I hate it when people ask me in front of him if he was an accident . I definitely do not encourage starting a family that young , but I always hated taking my son to school and seeing the way other mom's looked at me just because I was so young . I volunteer too so it takes awhile for some of them to warm up to me , and some never do . I don't see how people can be so judgmental. All 3 of my kids are smart , loved , and well cared for .
    SWAN923

Answer by SWAN923 at 5:17 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• oh yeah and chubby babies are cute!!!=)
    SWAN923

Answer by SWAN923 at 5:18 AM on Dec. 21, 2008