• In the Spotlight:

Belly Ring Question.

Do I really got to take it out? I spent a lot of money to get it pierced. I'm 19 weeks and 5 Days. If I can keep it in, how much longer do you think?

Mommy2Be172009

Asked by Mommy2Be172009 at 2:48 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Mine is double pierced, and I kept them in with my first pregnancy until probably about 7 months..
    The trouble with keeping them in is that they migrate as your skin stretches...
    The hole won't close up that quickly, though- I haven't worn bars in over two years now, and I can still fit 16ga in if I chose to..

(BTW- if you spent a lot of money on a navel piercing, you got ripped off.)
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 2:52 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Well it was expensive to me it was 60 or 65 dollars.
    Mommy2Be172009

Answer by Mommy2Be172009 at 2:58 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I kept mine in the whole time. Mine was $25 BTW. I think you can pretty much keep it in unless your belly gets really big and your belly button pops out...Then it would be kind of difficult.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 3:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I took mine out at 7 months, but replaced it with heavy fishing line. I also found flexible silicone belly button rings as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• kept mine in till it made stretch marks.... ugh
    jeepwranglrbabe

Answer by jeepwranglrbabe at 3:21 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• http://www.maternitypiercings.com/
    I think the baby themed rings are so cute. I don't have my belly button pierced yet, I want to, but I'm waiting until after my next pregnancy.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:23 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I took mine out just to make sure it wouldn't cause problems. The main problem I hear about is it not being long enough for your stretching stomach and you can actually buy ones made for pregnancy...google it!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 3:24 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I took mine out awhile ago, because of infection (not pregnancy related), but when I was pregnant, both the holes (the one on the inside of my belly button) were outside and stretched, so I can only imagine what it would've been like had I still had my piercing. You may have to just take it out, or take britni11's suggestion and google the ones for pregnancy (never seen them myself, but I'm sure they exist).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I was told in case of infection from the stretching you should Remove it around your 7 month there are special belly rings you can put in its Place ( I am told) I read it in one of the Baby Magazines that the doctor has in his office I just cannot Remember the magazine or site. I understand you spent a good bit of money on the sexy belly ring But For me ( MY OPION ONLY) I rather have lost the few bucks I spent on my belly then take the chance on an infection from the belly ring that is connected to the inner em-billable cord and that infection harming or killing my Baby/ YOU CAN ALWAYS HAVE IT REPIERCED AFTER THE DELIVER. In most cases the hole is still open enough to get the ring back in after delivery! Good Luck
    GrandmaRBN

Answer by GrandmaRBN at 7:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I am 36 weeks along and still have mine in and my OB has no problem with it. I have a maternity belly ring I got from bodycandy.com in and it works fine. It is plastic and flexible so it causes no damage to my hole. Taking mine out wasn't an option since my hole is now about a year old. My OB said as long as I took the metal one out I would be perfectly fine. Infection is only a risk if you start tearing in that area. You can always buy anti-microbial soap at your local piercer and use that periodically too. I use mine about once a month.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2008