any one know if i can force husband to move out in nj?

police told me I can't lock him out when he's obnoxiously toxic.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• you go and get a eviction notice fromteh court house and he can have 30days to do so.
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 2:52 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• an eviction notice, even when we jointly own our house? we don't rent i'm not his landlord. we live in nj. i'm so confused. i've asked him over and over to leave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• an eviction notice is jsut not for landlords..trust me i knwo. i would say write untruly thigns..lol if you jointly own the house then you cant get it i dotn think. youll have to see a lawyer.
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 2:59 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• you cant kick him out at all, i lived in nj for 7 years, i was married to this guy and he hit me, and when the cops came they arrested him and the next day he came home they told me i couldnt keep him out of the house, you also can get him if he takes ur car or anything because u all are married... what u have to do i go to the court house and file emotional destreess papers, that basically say when he is there that he causes u and u kids emotional problem and they will tell u where to go from there.... its diffrent with each person.... they gave me a number to call each time and a officer came and got him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• This probably wouldn't be ideal, but is there anyway you can possibly move out? If he refuses to leave maybe you should pack your bags and get out. You can't change anybody else you can only change yourself. I know its easier said than done, but I just don't know any other solution-sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• do u mean he's drunk; gosh if so I'm sorry. my dad was this way as a youth and my mom never kicked him out; he'd kick her out and so went the kids, at all hours. they are still together but not w/out the price on the kids..why they had to have 5 they could not care for I will never understand. I barely got to one at 40. Anyway, I hope you have good family support. My mom did not have siblings, she didnt want to disrupt my gparents life I'm sure so she put up w/this monster. I will never forgive him knowing now in my adult life and espec w/child now, how hard it was for a working woman to raise a family let alone any happiness w/his BS. He wasn't worth it. My life was a wreck if not for the love of my gparents, becuz I blame her too and don't have relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yes. In NJ the court can order that one spouse be removed from the marital residence while the other spouse can be granted exclusive possession of the marital residence. However, you must show or demonstrate that the physical or mental well being of either you or the children is in jeopardy.........An order for exclusive possession has no effect on the parties’ homestead rights or marital property rights. The order simply places one spouse in the marital residence and temporarily bars the other spouse from being in the property." Best thing to do is start documenting EVERYTHING from now on and use it in court if you have to. But yes, the only way to do this is through the court system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• thanks mommies. i'm going to look into what it's called to file when a couple has just grown away from each other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• oh in nj if u file for seperation, doent cost a thing u can make him leave then
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• oh and thank you - thank god he doesn't drink. he's just an unhappy person in his life with me. finally finally i don't want him. our kids are pretty grown. he's never n e v e r laid one hand on any of us. just perpetually grumpy. i'm tired of waking up wondering if he's going to be grumpy because the sun is out or because a squirrell is out. i mean he's just grumpy. the police told me if he's truly obnoxious again to call them. but yet until they get there i can't lock him out? nj is full of centuries old judges on bench since the 1800's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Dec. 21, 2008