Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

If your kid ate some stamper ink

would it be poisonous? I'm not sure if it's non-toxic, I thin it's okay, we washed his tongue and face...he was playing with a stamper ink and was licking it. I'm only worried about say toxic metals in the ink. I emailed the company for answers and I doubt he really ingested any...but I still worry. Maybe I should give him chlorella for a couple weeks (takes toxins out of the body)? Or do I need to call someone..or not worry. I mean he's a boy, he does these things! If it isn't one thing it's another!

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Answers (9)
  • Yep boys are always into something, scratch that toddlers are into EVERYTHING lol. I would call poison control, just to check. They usually have a list of products they can look up and you will just need some info off of the package. i wouldn't worry, just give them a call, they hear it all the time I'm sure.
    Bearsjen

    Answer by Bearsjen at 3:22 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

  • I have lots of pics of my dd from stamp ink. I asked her why it was all over her face, and she said she was smelling it. Try looking at the FAQ section on the website of the manufacturer to see if you can find if it's toxic or not.
    LolosMom

    Answer by LolosMom at 3:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

  • My DD drank ink once from the refiller bottle she got into. It was BLACK, lol!

    Call poison control to ask them. They have lists of everything and can tell you what to look for.
    ReneeK3

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

  • not trying to be a jerk, keep an eye on him momma, if it's not one thing it's another,will land you in an emergency room with child protective services in the crack of your butt. I work in an ED, I can tell you lots of horror stories, and "I mean he's a boy, he does these things! If it isn't one thing it's another!" is not something you want to be telling the attending physician when he is doing compressions on your baby's chest. lots of love. lock up everything, if you not suuposed to eat it, LOCK it up.
    Alarice

    Answer by Alarice at 11:36 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

  • Alarice you never turned around for a min to find the child lickingthe stamp pad? or in my case a markerthe other day? I'd call poison control, but chances are that it is non toxic if it is for kids!
    mom-x-2

    Answer by mom-x-2 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

  • Well it's been 6 years, is he ok?
    mompam

    Answer by mompam at 12:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2014

  • Well it's been 6 years, is he ok?
    Answer by mompam

    good one
    fiatpax

    Answer by fiatpax at 12:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2014

  • bumping 6 year old questions
    much be a slow day on cm
    lol
    fiatpax

    Answer by fiatpax at 12:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2014

  • you never turned around for a min to find the child lickingthe stamp pad? or in my case a markerthe other day?


    markers, the dog, the stove, me


    caught licking the dust off of the TV too


    going crazy

    feralxat

    Answer by feralxat at 1:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2014

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN