up evry hour on the hour

6 month old......slept well almost all night until recently......
He was teething but the tooth has broken threw so no more pain he isnt acting like he is pain. He gets plenty to eat all day. he asleep by 8 up in the morning by 6 or 7 but now is is awake every night every hour on the hour with crying....the only way to stop him is to pick him up rock him for a minute lay him back down.....
Trust me the whole let him cry thing doesnot work with this kid tried it for almost a month...........then I had to give in he would cry all night sleep maybe 10minutes out of evry hour.................
I am about to totaly lose my mind...........
cereal?.....i do it every night...
Gas?......nope he is a farting machine...
cio?......not again....
hungry?...nope wont take a bottle at night......

Please please some one help me....why is he up evry night every hour on the hour?????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He might have another tooth coming in or he might want in the bed with you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Try a spoon of Cat Nip tea in his bottle. You can get more information on the internet just look up 'Cat Nip tea for baby" It helps them sleep. It's natural. It works. Just don't give him more than a spoon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Could he be in pain? I'd give some infant tylenol a try to see if it makes a difference, since it doesn't seem like there's anything else he needs. I don't like to give medication when I'm not sure that my baby's hurting (because I don't want to over-medicate) but if it works, then you know you solved the mystery! Good luck!

Oh, and if you're going to try an herbal remedy, run it by your doctor first. Just because people online swear by it, that doesn't make it safe. I don't know anything about Cat Nip tea, but that's just a good rule of thumb for any herbal remedy. Did you know that arsenic is natural too? :-)
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 9:12 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• For now would it be that big a deal to let him cuddle up with you at night? Babies love the close feeling with their caregivers. So go love your baby and snuggle up. Good Luck.
    slvrspoon98

Answer by slvrspoon98 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My 5 month old is like that....he just got his two bottom teeth and he will wake up every hour to two hours on the dot! I end up giving him some teething tablets and it calms him down to where he will sleep at least 4 hours. and if that doesn't help him then i give him tylenol and then he will sleep. Good Luck! you can pm me if you need anything
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My daughter started that a few months after she had been sleeping through the night also. I'd go in there and rock her and calm her till she fell back to sleep. Then she'd be up again as soon as she realized I wasn't holding her. I actually asked my pediatrician about it because I was going crazy (full time working mom, no sleep, not a good combination!). She said that my daughter was doing that because she'd figured out that if she'd cry then I'd go in there and hold her and rock her. She told me to try to calm her without picking her up, by rubbing her back or patting her bottom, etc. It took a little while, but once she got the message, she went back to sleeping all night. Also, my daughter still loved to be swattled at that age. That worked like a charm too.
    mlinton87

Answer by mlinton87 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2008