Anyone else feel this way?

Or am I alone? My 7 year old son almost annoys me at times. and I just dont understand why they act that way . Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• YEA..They are kids. They will annoy, even torment you and they will do this in their teens too...Be prepared...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• yup...all parents feel that way sometimes. You are not alone mom.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:53 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I think some people relate better to certain age groups of children better than others. I'm great up until about 6 or 7, then have a little trouble until 11 or 12. I'm really good with toddlers, preschoolers, and teens. These age groups tend to "like" me more, lol.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:56 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My son is 6 and drives me batty much of the time. I want to run screaming from the building at times.
    ninipanini

Answer by ninipanini at 7:36 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• my 7 YO daughter does not stop talking to me from dawn until midnight. If I leave the room she's in for a minute (like to go to the bathroom), echos of "Mom, where are you?" roll through the house. when I get home from work she's sitting right next to me (or right on top of me) on the couch.
    But yea, I think it's an age group thing. My 14 YO and the 5 month old and I get along awesome. Probably because one's a sullen teenager and the other is an infant so neither one of them talk much :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:41 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• LMAO If I had a nickle for everytime I thought this. I have a six year old son and sometimes it seems like he just doesnt get it. He has the attention span of a broken toaster and It drives me nuts! He is really good though comparitivly he just does stupid things sometimes or acts liek he has no idea whats going on. I am thankful though because even though he drives me absolutly crazy to the point where I want to scream "WHEN ARE YOU GOING BACK TO SCHOOL???" he is still very sweet natured and loves his mom and is very respectful most of the time.
    What gets me through the frustration is to try and remember all the times He did things with me only having to ask once or offering to pick things up for me off the floor since I am pregnant and he knows it is hard.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 9:00 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• oh yeah. sometimes I wish I could just duct tape her mouth shut. The talking doesn't so much bother me but the whining gets me big time.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I'll be in the car with my kids and they become non stop chatterboxes. It's not that I mind the chatter and I actually enjoy hearing their conversations. But when they start into the "what if's" and they're so out there. I've asked them what they think would happen and the answers get even crazier! It can be fun and cute but after a while it just get's on my nerves!!!!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:34 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah... thats the age for them to annoy you and it only gets worse....lol
    katandtysmom

Answer by katandtysmom at 10:32 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You are not alone in that one. I have four children and my eight year old son is my second born and the only boy. He makes me crazy. I have friends in siiliar situations and I think it is the age. He is very whiny and fights me on EVERYTHING. Time to take a shower because you are sweaty from hockey - FIGHT! Go to bed - FIGHT! No, we are having Kraft not Stouffers tonight - FIGHT! By the end of the day..
    All in all though he is very affectionate, smart little guy and I love him to pieces. A friend said it best though when she yelled at her seven year old son - "You suck the beauty and good out of me!"
    happywith4kids

Answer by happywith4kids at 10:36 AM on Dec. 21, 2008