• In the Spotlight:

After pregnancy did you fit back in to your prepregnancy clothes with 1st pregnancy?

I'm just wondering because I feel like i'm not ever going to be able to get back into my 3-5. I'm not that horribly big or nothing yet and they are just waaay to tight. So what i'm wondering is after your pregnancy did you get back into your prepregnancy clothes? And do you think I will? i'm 19 weeks now and just started getting the cute round belly.

Mommy2Be172009

Asked by Mommy2Be172009 at 5:58 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Not YET. lol. It's been 5 months and I am not far from it though. I think I will be back in them before the year is up. It's hard to say whether you will or not though because everyone is different. I ate healthy--well healthyish...Do better than I did. I improved on my eating but if I could do it over i'd do even better next time. I did NOT go to resturants. No fried foods, only baked. Vegetables and fruits is something you definintly want to eat a lot of. Also breastfeeding. You can lose weight VERY quickly with breastfeeding. The more milk you make the more calories your body burns. So don't even give your baby a bottle at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I ate healthy and exercised daily with my first. I gained 17 pounds but was really big. Within 24 hours of having her, I went shopping all day at the outlet mall in my regular pre pregnancy clothes. I think it will be the same with this pregnancy I am having. I haven't even really exercised that much this time, just ate healthy, and I am 17 weeks and have gained 4 pounds. I think alot of people use being preggo as an excuse to get fat. In the end, you have to pay for it and get yourself back. Having babies doesn't make you fat and haggered, getting lazy does.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 6:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I was a size 6 before I got pregnant with my first. It wasn't until after my second baby that I was able to fit into a size 10. My hips grew too much to fit into a size 6 ever again. I've gained weight since then but I know that I'll only be able to go down to an 8 and no further.

Your hips separate when you give birth. But depending on your body type will depend on if you can get back into your 3-5s. If you eat right and do some exercises (don't over do it...ask your doctor if you're unsure if something is safe) then you'll be fine. I ate like a pig with my first one which is why I got so big and healthy with my second.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:29 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• With my first one no. I was told later its because your hips get bigger with your pregnancy and it actually takes some years for them to go back to normal and thats only of course if you dont end up having more kids. I was a size 5 with my first and went into a size 7 after and I was ok with that. After my 3rd child I went back to a size 3-5.

Answer by gemgem at 8:37 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I was a size 0 - 1 before I got pregnant and a few weeks after my son was born, I was back into my regular clothes. I gained 25 pounds and lost it all in just a couple of weeks.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 8:48 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I was in a size 5 all the way up until I went to the hospital to have my son. The day I finally got out of bed on my own in the hospital I was wearing a pair of size 9s and now I can wear size 8. I bought a pair of 11s that were hip huggers a few weeks ago because I found a pair of 9s that didn't fit and they're always falling down.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 8:50 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I was a size 7 before I had kids. I could wear my old clothes within 6 weeks of the babies being born. After I had the last one I went down to a size 3 because of having a bunch of kids to chase, but eventually got back to normal weight. I think it helped that I didn't gain a lot when I was pregnant (only about 15 lbs each time).
    dotsicle

Answer by dotsicle at 9:09 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Sort of...I was in juniors 7 before pregnancy, but after I I had my baby I got some curves that just won't fit into juniors pants anymore so I have to shop in the ladies section but can wear a 4 or 6 depending on the cut. It took me about 6 weeks to drop the weight but I was breastfeeding so I still had a large appitite in the begining.
    fatcat0908

Answer by fatcat0908 at 9:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• As long as you eat healthy during your pregnancy, you should lose the weight pretty quickly. I gained 50 pounds -- most of it was the last week so it was mostly just fluid -- but within 2-3 weeks I was within 5 pounds of my prepregancy weight. Unfortunately it's been four months and I'm still within that 5 pounds. It just won't go! =) My clothes do fit differently though and some still just will not fit, even after i lose the 5 pounds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• not with my first preggy but with the second I weighed 15 pounds less than my pre preggy the day i walked out of the hospital. Of course it caught up with me soon afterwards
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 21, 2008