Ok question (TMI)

Ok I am due in a month but my question is after the baby is born how soon does the period start or should i just use pads right after? this is my first child

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Congratulations on your first baby! You will need pads right away....You will probably bleed for a few weeks after baby gets here. (it's been 20 years since I had my first and don't remember exactly how long I bled after she was born) I'm currently pregnant with number 7.
    alphabits2003

Answer by alphabits2003 at 8:18 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Well I know that after you have a vaginal birth you bleed for about two weeks maybe more for some people. But If you breast feed I do not think your actual period comes back for a few months.
    JustUsTwo

Answer by JustUsTwo at 8:20 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You will be bleeding for a while after the birth so make sure you stock up on pads. Also if you are breastfeeding then it's possible that your period will not come for quite a while.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 8:50 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I bled for about 4 weeks and I just got my actual period four months after I gave birth -- and I didn't breastfeed. Congratulations and Enjoy, they grow up way toooooo fast!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I bled for a long time after I had my first. I was still spotting at my 6 week post-partum follow up. Stock up on the most absorbant pads that you have; bring them with you to the hospital. I know they supply you with everything you need, but when I had my 1st, the hospital was mayhem. It was hard to get a hold of someone to restock my supplies. As far as your period returning, I think it's different for everyone. Mine returned 9 months after w/ my 1st & 7 months after w/ my 2nd. I breastfed both times.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 10:31 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yeah, stock up on plenty of pads, and as an extra comfort measure, I found that the big, old-fashioned, "they feel like a diaper" pads were so much better than the thin ones, for this particular time. Congratulations, and good luck!
    leeceeann

Answer by leeceeann at 12:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• thanks all
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2008