Can your child all of a sudden have an allergy to red dye?

Our whole family had the stomach flu last week. Well that is what the doctor said. My daughter is still throwing up anything that is red. Cranberry ginger ale, tomato sauce. But is able to eat milk products,drink milk, and various other foods.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Health

• A person can suddenly get an allergy to something at any point in their life. Though just because something is red doesn't mean it has red dye. I would talk to her doctor about it.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:24 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My sons allergic to red dye and never threw up red. He got a rash and other symptoms of allergic reaction. Here is a good article to give you an idea of what symptoms are there in an allergy. You should also try to google food intolerance. http://www.ific.org/publications/brochures/allergybroch.cfm
    Sounds more like to me that she just got a worse case of the bug.

Answer by gemgem at 8:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I'll be taking her to the doctor again in the morning. I am still not feeling well, but my husband and son are great. Just peachy! So not fair. Why do us girls have to feel like crap? Well, I'll check out the sites. Thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2008