How much does a hosp. housekeeper of laundry worker make?

My husband wants to go to college to be an RN, and the hosp. will give him money to pay for it, but he has to be an employ first. These are two of the open positions for this hosp.

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 8:53 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Money & Work

• One of the girls at my work, her son did something like this for a while. It was a while ago but I believe he got around 8-9 an hour. Not much. Every hospital is different though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Min. wage usually...they don't pay them much....
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I agree it is minimum wage or slightly above, but the tuition reimbursement might make it worth it! Plus the medical coverage at the hospital I interned with was completely free and comprehensive! The benefits were awesome, the pay sucked!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Less than $10 an hour usually. The tuition reimbursement would be wonderful though!
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Not much but my suggestion is to do it and get your foot in the door. I use to work for a hospital in MI started out making 9 bucks an hr. After I was there for 90 days I could 'bid' on other jobs and within a year I was making 15bucks an hr. Good Luck!
    lilbirdblue

Answer by lilbirdblue at 11:50 AM on Dec. 24, 2008