Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For homeschooling moms

Do you receive any public assistance, besides for a handicapped child, I'm talking about just general, medicaid, food stamps, WIC...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • Nope, I recieve nothing.

    I get everything for homeschooling for free on the internet and through the library.

    Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • We have gotten medicaid for the children, but that's all. The way I see it, in our area, the state is spending approximately $7,000 a year per student in public school. My kids aren't going to the schools, but we still pay for other people's kids to attend. Why shouldn't we receive help for medical needs if we are qualified? People don't seem to have a problem with paying for kids to be educated for free, so I don't see why there is such a negative reaction to receiving something other than that from the govt. Isn't a child's health even more important than their education??? I'd like to know the reason you're asking the question?

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

  • No--we paid for everything for all grades k-12 of our home education. Then the ones that went to college got scholarships. We spent a lot on books, equipment, and activities. And when the boys played football with the local high school we had to pay the state activities organization also!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

  • Yes, we get all of that, not because our children are handicapped but because they were adopted from the state.

    Answer by MommyAddie at 11:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

  • What does that have to do with homeschooling?

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.