What does your cervix feel like if your pregnant?

Is it hard and you cant feel the opening? Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You can't tell if your pregnant or not by your cervix....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yes you can. My doctor checked my cervix and said it was high and it felt pretty closed. When you get pregnant there is a mucous plug that clogs it. And it stays high so nothing can harm it. I would look it up on the internet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I think the first anon means WE can't tell if WE are pregnant by our own cervix... i'm 26 weeks and i don't know what my cervix if doing in there! lol. Yes, the doc can tell but that's about it
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• This may sound weird but I have felt it before and it has never felt like this. I dont know I guess we will see in a couple days! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Pregnant cervices (plural for cervix) feel softer than non-pregnant cervices. Yes, there is a definite difference in a pregnant cervix and a non-pregnant cervix. As your pregnancy progresses your cervix will feel softer and softer, and when you get closer to your due date it will begin to efface and dilate. You can feel this yourself with clean hands, it's pretty cool to check your cervix yourself. The way your cervix feels is only one way to tell if you are pregnant, and cervices vary just as much from woman to woman as any other part of her body. If you really want to tell if you are pregnant, get a home pregnancy test. If you are trying to conceive, one way of being bale to tell if you are ovulating is checking to see if your cervix is lower than usual. Check yourself, know your body and be empowered! : )
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• to the above response, when you are ovulating your cervix is actually high, not low. just fyi.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2009