Need major help organizing and cleaning my house!!!!!!

any ides or creative ways you do things will help!!!! please any tricks you use to get stains out or to just make things simpler for you to get things done!!!!!!

traren

Asked by traren at 2:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I make myself devote a 1/2 hour to one room - set a timer - this way you don't spend all day and you start to get it done little by little - it doesn't seem so overwhelming when you take it in small steps :) I also have found cleaning products from Melaleuca that work great and are toxic free - I don't want to spend all day cleaning and these products really work great - and I can mix them for different purposes and not worry about blowing up:) If you're interested in more info on Melalcua's products please contact me.
    Good luck on the cleaning!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2011

• one of the best things for me is look at one room. completely from top to bottom only one room. make a list of things to get done in that one room and check them off as you go along. you will be amazed at how motivational it is...you will feel psyched checking things off as they get done. another thing that the kids and i do when we're cleaning is we play the "race game". turn on the music or set a timer. say to yourself you have to get "such and such task" completed by the end of 2 songs. or set the timer for 15 minutes and clean an area for that 15 minutes. also flylady dot com is pretty cool. if you don't mind daily emails. vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide are all great things to keep around the house for cleaning, soaking and lifting stains. dress all the way to your shoes and your mind will be set for getting things done. something about that keeps me going. i don't take my shoes off until bed.
    iheartsquishies

Answer by iheartsquishies at 5:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2011

• buy plastic bins and go through everything and put in different bins--stuff you want to keep, stuff you want to donate and stuff you want to throw away. we did this not to recently and man what a differnce
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2011

• I usually start with all junk mail and bill records,documents and sort as to keep and organize whats good and throw rest away.
    Same with clothes,books ,tapes, cookware,dishes,bedclothes etc.
    I also use plastic bins to store things i don't need right now.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2011

• Haha watch Hoarders and you will get some ideas. I move all the time and I adopted a three year rule. If I haven't used it in 3 years, chances are I won't in another 3 years. I also had an excess of totes so going through them with the three year rule in mind helped me consolodate things into half. With red or dark stains on the carpet or furniture, you can steam them out with an iron. Red #40 is virtually impossible to get out of fabrics. Take a wet sheet, and run an iron on the highest setting. You will see the stain lift. That was magical to me! Of course you have to be careful not to burn your carpet.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2011

• i agree. watching hoarders makes me want to clean my house
    prettynpink343

Answer by prettynpink343 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2011

• watching hoarders makes me ill !!!! I just can't do it!!!!! but thanks for the advice!!!
    traren

Comment by traren (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2011