Twins & Crib(s)

I'm pregnant with twins (my first pregnancy too) and I have a question regarding the sleeping arragnements. We're planning on getting 2 cribs, however some people have told me that they sleep together in 1 crib for a while. Is this true and if so, for how long? And is it okay to seperate them into individual cribs instead?

L_Bass

Asked by L_Bass at 11:25 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would say just get two cribs, if you can afford them go for it. How long you think that they can sleep together? Soon they will start moving around, they might hurt each other (kicking at night, the little arms) just try to be safe and give them safety.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My twins slept in the same crib until they went to their toddler beds. They actually sucked each other's thumbs (or toes) occasionally. (My 6'3", 200lb. 19 year old boys really hate it when I tell that story now...LOL). They absolutely would NOT sleep seperately. They never hurt each other. As a matter of fact, they were hospitalized at 9 months for RSV, my older son was very sick at home at the time, and we lived about 45 miles from the hospital, so I had to be at home. The first night, I called to check on them, and the nurse sounded about ready to pull out her hair. They wouldn't sleep. I argued her into putting them together (I.V.s and all), and they slept like angels.
    leeceeann

Answer by leeceeann at 11:53 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I asked my doctor and she said that they even put them in the same bed in the nursery. I plan to have our little ones sleep together for the first little while and then go from there. We have gotten two separate cribs though for when they get older. Good luck!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 12:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2008