What to get a teacher for Christmas?

My oldest is in the 2nd grade and his teacher bought them gifts, so I would like to return the favor but have no idea what to get a teacher. Some one please help me.

3wonderfullboys

Asked by 3wonderfullboys at 11:26 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• For my son's teacher I got her a good box of chocolates! You can never go wrong with them. Or perhaps try some cookies!
    GOOD LUCK
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 11:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• We got TJ's teacher a movable pic frame. It held 3 pictures and spins, and was on a nice little stand. We got it on clearance at Target. TJ picked it out and said she could put a pic of her daughter, son, and new baby once it's born. (She recently announced she's preggo.) She loved it.
    skinnymom3

Answer by skinnymom3 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My son is in the first grade and has around 6 teachers! all the teachers in his school help out with the kids in their area of strength. I only knew of about 4 but I took DS to michaels where they have a bunch of $1 bins with really neat stuff in them. (Much better quality thant the dollar tree IMO) He picked out a monogramed miniture calendar with matching post it notes. And since he paid for it himself he felt really good about giving it to her. We picked up a few other things for his other teachers too and I also gave them homemade fudge.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 2:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• We always like to get supplies like cool post its or nice gel pens. Even a really nice pair of scissors. The kind of stuff we always need but don't have the money for. A nice children's book with a note from the child is always great. Last year I got a cute book of children's Christmas poems that I love. Gift cards to a local restaurant or book store are wonderful too.

Really, the nicest thing you can do is write a really sincere card letting her know how much you appreciate what she's done for your child.  That always means alot to me.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Gift card to the teacher supply store.
    Anonymous

• Gift cards to a nice place to eat....or movie gift cards are nice.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My husband is a teacher and he LOVES getting gift cards. He gets tons of coffee ones and target ones. (Target or something like it would be best incase she doesn't like coffee)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:17 AM on Dec. 22, 2008