Can someone post back strengthing excersises they have used for muscle fitness while trying to relieve muscle tightness.

i suffered a back muscle problem a few months back and i haven't quite been able to heal properly. It seems to me that my back muscles tighten up alot and even cramp up. Sometimes i feel like my lower back is going to split in half from the upperback. sometimes i can barely stand or sit. Is walking on treadmil something that can benefit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• When your back acts up, does it make iit painful for you to stand up straight and pull you into a sort of hunch to get relief? If so, try this trick: lie flat on the floor with your legs bent in a sitting position, and your legs in a chair. This means your knees at a 90 degree angle, just as if you were sitting in the chair. Doing this periodicallly for 15-20 minutes at a time relives the pull on those muscles, giving them a chance to relax.
    Lying on your back in the floor with your knees bent a feet flat on the floor, like your're going to do sit-ups, lift your pelvis as high as you can comfortable for ten repititions once or twice a day. This is a great way to strengthen your back muscles.
    These are both things recommended by my doc and gave me relief.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 11:55 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I would suggest getting muscular retraining by craig williamson (his website: http://www.craigwilliamson.net/).

He talks about this sort of thing and in his book gives exercises to help with it and eradicate it. You have to become more kinnesthetically aware.

Read it! :) Good luck..I am using the exercises to get rid of shoulder pain..its helping.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• thank you so much girls! I will try to read up on the book and also make the effort to get active.
    Anonymous