Anyone know what to use?

I have a bunch of videos on my computer that I took with my camera taking up ALOT of space! I want to put them on disks but I don't know what to get. I got CD-Rs awhile back and videos and pics went on them and I could see them on the computer but the videos wouldn't play when I put it in the dvd player, just the pics showed up. Should I get DVD-Rs? Just wondering if any one has done this and what they did. Thanks! :D

brookes_mom04

Asked by brookes_mom04 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Try investing in either an external hard drive or one of those memory sticks they sell. I am not sure the DVrs would be the best thing to use. You can google for costs on both. The memory sticks are cheaper.
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 11:43 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You could get a DVR for it, but you have to make sure that your computer can burn DVDs first. Not all computers have DVD burners.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Would I only be able to view videos on comp if i had external hard drive or memory stick?
    brookes_mom04

Answer by brookes_mom04 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Nope! You can pretty much do whatever you normally do with your computer. It is basically just a backup. We are planning to get one because of all of the mp3s on our PC. I still have plenty of room on mine but I am stingy because I also use my computer for work. :)
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 12:37 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I mean the computer would be the only place that I could watch the videos, but that thing would make sure that my videos weren't erased, right?
    brookes_mom04

Answer by brookes_mom04 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Oops, sorry, yes you are right on that. :)
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 5:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2008