How to deal with Child Services

For the 2nd time in 4 years someone has called Childrens Services on my family. I can't figure out why, my children are not abused, they don't even get spankings or voices raised at them! They are well fed and loved and our house is clean. They are with either myself or my husband 24 hours a day, they are always with a parent. And someone has taken it upon themselves to call and say I'm a bad mother, that my child deserves to go and live with someone else. I'm just hurting right now and want to know if any other mothers have experienced such hatefulness, and how they got thru it all with their heads still high. Help please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in General Parenting

• Well I have never had to deal with this, thank God! But I do know several moms in another group that have had this issue or problem. I would suggest that you contact a lawyer and explain that these are false and that no proof has ever been determined that you or there dad abuse them. I would explain that this is harrassement and maybe they can contact them to find the source. but maybe it is an ex of yours or your husbands. I think sometimes they just harrass the wrong people. and that may be the case with you. Im not sure how old your kids are so I can only guess.
    1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 2:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• But maybe you upset your child and made them mad and they shared with a teacher or friend that you were mean so they investigated you. It's better to be safe than sorry, so they checked you out. but if this is something that happens often. which it doesnt seem to be. You stated the 2nd time i 4yrs. that isnt alot to me, I've seen moms that have weekly of monthly visits. I really hope you get an answer to resolve your problem. Good Luck!
    Sarah
    1boy1girl4me

• Don't feel to bad. My kid was only 2 days old and not even out of the hospital when DCF decided to screw us over. Our kid is now 27 days old and we're stuck with parenting classes every week for the next 12 weeks. Just remember... it could always be worse. Best of luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jul. 16, 2008