My ex husband is 2 1/2 months behind on paying court ordered alimony. I am disabled and do not have the funds to take him back to court. We were divorced in MS, I now live in CA. He lives in WY. Is there any way to get him to pay as he is in contempt of a court order w/o going to to MS to get it done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• Call MS & ask. Just remember, because it is ordered does not mean it gets paid. Some kids wait their whole life for court ordered CS & never see a dime. If he is gainfully employed I would think MS could start wage garnishment for court ordered alimony or CS, it is court ordered? Right.

strongmom40

Answer by strongmom40 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I would definitely call the court and report that it has not been paid...they likely don't know he hasn't been paying. They can do a lot in terms of taking away professional licenses and drivers licenses if he doesn't pay...a lot like child support. They will likely set up a show-cause hearing to ask why it hasn't been paid and you can probably just call in for that since you're out of state with no cost to you.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2008