Demons and Angels

This is a loaded question...
My son, who is 3, has been having nightmares a few times a week for awhile now. This last episode was actually kinda scary. He woke up screaming and came running, immediately my dh and I jumped out of bed. I ran to him and actually had to dive to get him because he was about to run(more like fall) down the steps. Evertime he wakes up we ask him whats wrong. He aways answers "scared", then we will ask him what he is scared of and every single time he says he is scared of monsters.

I know the Bible talks about entertaining angels unaware so I believe that we can see the "good" angels sometimes but what about demons? They are still angels, just the bad ones, so if we can see the good ones what about the bad ones too?

Do you think the "monsters" he is seeing could actually be demons?

luvnmy3kid

Asked by luvnmy3kid at 11:43 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• yeah it's possible, although demons are just fallen angels so they look just like angels. they can take the form of anything though, IMO. I believe that if you watch something on tv that's too scary, or "demonic" they can enter your house through the tv. maybe, if you watch that kind of stuff, you can cut back on it?
    You can also try a night light if he doesn't have one, have you or your SO look under the bed, in the closet, give him a teddy bear,ect, to give him some comfort that there's no monsters. does he watch anything about monsters on tv? the littlest thing can bring it, like if he watches backyardigans, and they do a monster thing, that could have scared him into thinking there are monsters in his room. other than that, i really don't knwo what to tell you. sorry. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• anon; good response.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 12:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I agree 100% with anan. written above. Look around your home to see if you have anything with demonic influences. Also like she said the TV can bring a ton of negativity to your home. Also pray with him at night for theese things to go away. Best Wishes
    Anonymous

• Night terrors are pretty common for this age group.But it doesn't quite sound like they are happening. Ok well if you believe in angels evoke them. Archangel Michael is the protector of man. So ask Michael to watch over him while he sleeps and to keep away all negativity. ( This works for my kids BTW) Could he be seeing them?? maybe, but he doesn't have to. he need only to tell them to leave and ask his guardians to not allow them to be seen. I get bashed every time I answer this kind of post. Some BS about angel worship. That is not what this is. Angels were supposedly made by God to assist in His work. So let them help you and your child.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Or you could try the "monster spray". spritz water thru his room and tell him it keeps them out. Night lights I don't recommend because the shadows that can be cast in it's light can scare them. I told my daughter it's better to sleep in the dark because if she can't see anything neither can the monsters so they would leave her alone. But of course the idea of a big strong angel protecting her helped even more so.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Pray to God for help and protection, and Yes, we can UNKNOWINGLY invite Demons in by what we watch or even things like wiji boards, talk to your son right after it happens and try to get as much info as you can, let him talk without saying anything to belittle his fears (it sounds like your doing a great job anyway) and ask him what you can do to help him sleep better as the PP said, do a room sweep before he goes to sleep and give him a small light or favorite toy.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yes, I agree, no night light but a small light as in a flash light or touch light he can turn on if he wants to
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• its possible
    altough i thought there was a difference between "fallen angels" and "demons", i was always told they are two different things
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 4:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I had a discussion similar to this with a friend of mine. From what I gather from her beliefs is angels are seen in your lifetime but you never know they're angels. Maybe someone helps you out of a burning building only to never be seen again - that would be an angel. But the ones that you see that make themselves known - even if they seem good - are demons. Her reckoning was demons sometimes pass themselves off as dead relatives or as good to lure you in.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You cant see angels today.
    Anonymous