Making my first Christmas dinner and have a few questions.

My question is can I make the potatoes, turnip and green beans (I'm doing them with almonds) the night before and just warm and add butter and cream to the potstoes and turnips to freshen them up? I'd like to do the carotts too but afraid they'll get too muchy. Has anyone made some side dishes early and how did it turn out for you, any pointer's on how to make it easier? I will have a full house and I have 3 young children myself!

Any useful help and advise greatly appreciated and Merry Christmas!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Holidays

• potatoes would be fine but I would worry about the green beans tasting old. maybe you can jsut get them cleaned and trimmed and ready to boil the night before. I don't eat turnips so I haven't the foggiest about those lol
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Turnips are the same as potatoes in consistency.
    If you are not mashing them, then I would have them cut, cleaned, and kept in a sealed baggie overnight in the fridge to keep ready for the next day.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:47 AM on Dec. 22, 2008