a question about episiotomy and hemmrroids

sorry for the weird info i just was not sure who else to ask. I have hemmrroids where they do the episiotomy ...how does that work out

rebel_mommy88

Asked by rebel_mommy88 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Hemorrhoids don't have anything to do with an episiotomy as far as I know...if you had to have one, they cut your perineum (the area between your vagina and anus). They have really cut back on doing them though. Hopefully you can make it without one. Your hemorrhoids might get worse during delivery from the extra strain though. Boo!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You may not even need an episiotomy. I really wouldn't worry about it. I believe if they DO need to do it, they angle it off to the side...I could be wrong.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You have hemorrhoids on your perineal area? I've never heard of them being that high. The area they cut is just below the opening to your vagina - to "open" the vagina wider and avoid tearing. Ask your doctor if you're concerned.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:57 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Ok gumby dunno what she's talking about....There are two types of hemorrhoids, internal and external. External are on the outside of your butthole. But if you do have to get an epesiotomy, they shouldn't have to cut THAT far. Talk to your doctor about it if it worries you.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2008