Quit BC 6 months ago...

I quit Birth Control in June of 08, after taking it for about 8 years. I had a random period in august; then nothing. I had to take Provera in November and got my induced period but it was super light. Now I am awaiting AF and it is not here yet again...

I am not pregnant bc I took a test yesterday. How long can it really take for this Birth Control to quit messing me up? I am really frustrated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I took depo and it gave me blood clots! and i do remember my periods being messed up for the first couple months. Sorry it's so frustrating for you and good luck!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• When I got off birth control...it took 2 years for us to get pregnant. Dont give up the hope.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 4:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• It took me over 5 years and a new husband. Don't give up. Also try detoxing your home, it helps!
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 5:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I also took bc for 8 years I stopped taking it in march 08 and still not pregnant :( I have been having periods but the number of days varies each month.
    I wish you luck! I havent given up hope and I hope that you dont either.
    Lots of babydust
    Jody82

Answer by Jody82 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 22, 2008