If you are christian please help.

If you are christian is it okay to go to war? To kill innocent people? To decide wether a peson gets to live or die? Does god aprove of war? Are there any scriptures to support how you feel? What if you had to go to war would you? If you had to or sit in a jail cell what would you do? Im so confused anyone know the answer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, I understand your heartfelt desire to know the truth! Sometimes it is easy to see, sometimes, I just would request an in my face scroll with exactly what I am to do dropped from the sky handwriting from our Father to my exact circumstance.

I have had this conversation with others, and I do not have them handy (scriptures that is), however if you would look in the book of Numbers? and Deuteronomy...I do believe you will find what you are looking for. War is a hard tug at the soul. My husband just returned from his second "tour" of Iraq.
    I do believe it is also written there is a time for war and a time for peace in Proverbs? The LORD did send his people into battle against the idolators many occasions...again, I need to come back and post scriptures for you. Bless you in your search for the truth and to follow your convictions. I know it is a struggle at times.
    hiswords777

Answer by hiswords777 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My Uncles were drafted during the Vietname War. They were Christians and did not believe in carrying a weapon, they enlisted as a CO. This allowed them to do other things in the military such as cook , nurse and etc instead of fighting on the battlefield. I hope this helps.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 12:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Its funny that you ask this, because every major war has occured because of Religion...I doubt that God wants this to happen, but humans are stupid and feel like they know everything so its going to happen anyways...
    Anonymous

• No... Its not okay to go to war! God does not want you to kill people he said an "eye for an eye" that was for an individual not a entire nation/group of people.
    Anonymous

• Look how people come back all messed up killing their families and having all these mental problems. If it was something god wanted us to do he would not make our bodies act this way. Also look at this generation and how bad it is. This is the worst the world has EVER been. Now look at all these children growing up with no parents. I know for a fact studies have been done to show that a void is made when a parent is absent. It’s not how god intended this to all be TWO parents are to raise the child. Yes unforeseen occurrences will happen car accidents and such but TWO parents if it can be that way should be there for the kids. Life is a gift from god and you should value it and never intentionally compromise it.
    Anonymous

• OP here- Thank yo for your opinions but i would like some scriptures please.
    Anonymous

• So to me that says that there is a time for war. We should try other ways to make peace first, but in the end we have to defend lives, and defend what we know is right, and that can only be done by going to war. Unfortunatly sometimes innocent lives are taken in war, but that is not something the United States at least, tries to do.
    Anonymous

• Let's look back at some wars....do you think God wanted the Nazi's to take over and kill all those Jews? Do you think he wanted Hussein's to use his power to take all of the innocent lives he did?

Personally I do not think that is what God wants. I think that he expects us as Christians to stand up for what we believe in, which is peace. We do not believe in killing innocent people. We believe in helping others.

Eccelsiastes 3:1 says: "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven"
    Then 3:8 says: "A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."

cont below:
    Anonymous

• *Sorry, switch these last 2 posts around, the one I posted first should be second*
    Anonymous

• Thanks
    Anonymous