Contractions or her butt?

Every now and again the top of my stomach will get really tight and sore feeling.... being 39 weeks could that be her butt pressing up against me or BH?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's most likely your baby's butt moving around, if it's just the top of your belly.

I'm 40 weeks and my daughter's butt has been pressed against the top of my belly for WEEKS. The third trimester is the only time my belly has been hard, it was squishy and soft the rest of the entire pregnancy (I'm plus-sized, lmao). But since she had her last growth spurt, my belly above my belly button has been rock hard and everything below has been squishy. It's kind of annoying for me >:(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I'm 36 weeks, and I've been feeling contractions at the top of my belly. My doctor confirmed they were truly contractions. If your belly is getting hard for a few seconds, then getting soft again, I would assume they are contractions, but you should ask your doctor to confirm it so you know.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• If i get tightening and pain and I'm not sure. I feel the rest ofmy tummy, cause if there's soft spots that means it's her, if it's all hard its contractions.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• It could be either. If it's rhythmic, it could be contractions, but it could also be her butt. The baby turns around backwards with her backside facing your stomach when it gets closer to DDay. It's her way of preparing for birth.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:09 PM on Dec. 21, 2008