I will nurse my baby for about an hour or more but she seems not to ever get full. I feed her for about 4 hrs 1 lastnight. Is that normal or is she not getting enough milk?

feeding!

charmd18

Asked by charmd18 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can always tell how much a baby is eating by how many diapers you go through in a day. If you change her and shes always wet, she's getting enough.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 12:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• She may be going through a growth spurt. I read that's normal. If she's soiling enough diapers, she's getting enough.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Is she really eating or just sucking? You should be able to hear her swallowing if she is eating. She may be using it to soothe. Some people are against pacifiers, but if she needs to suck, not eat...that's an option
    luvmyguyandgirl

Answer by luvmyguyandgirl at 3:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• OMG I had the same problem. I had to give up breast and go to formula, If you do so try goodstart dha and ara the orange can all the same as breast. Good luck
    LilMamaCrooks

Answer by LilMamaCrooks at 10:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2008