What are some good foods to make for baby?

We have a 9 monthold with 6 teeth and want to make some foods, he is really, really weaning himself off of the formula, and wants to eat our foods, NOT the staged gerber baby foods, so what foods can we make for him to eat. ( not the applesauces,mashed taters, rices, squashes etc.) we know about them, but we are talking about advanced people foods.

jennibun86

Asked by jennibun86 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 6 (-382 Credits)
  • I give mine avocado ,tofu, cream soups, cooked carrot pieces, bits of pancake, bits of buttered toast but formula or Bm needs to still be main source of nutrition till age 1 my dd is 8 months
    Alcnic29

Answer by Alcnic29 at 12:35 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• Mashed bananas
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 12:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• I used to make my son an all-purpose casserole. I grilled chicken, added potatoes, peas, carrots, and beans, and ground it all up. I then added breastmilk to the casserole. You can't heat it up in the microwave-- you heat it up like you would a bottle. I figured if he ate just one serving of that stuff, he at least got all of his food groups in one sitting!

I also made spaghetti-- cut up the cooked spaghetti and add sauce. Or you can get the itty bitty pasta and add sauce. Mac and cheese-- take that itty bitty pasta, add some breastmilk and cheese, mix and up, and yum!

Your little one can pretty much tolerate what you can (watch out for allergy list items, of course), but just grind it up!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:42 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• If he has teeth, he can eat almost anything that you do if you cut it small enough. No honey, peanut products or hotbdogs.
    Fietsma

Answer by Fietsma at 12:56 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• Try to breastfeed him.
    Kaylee432

Answer by Kaylee432 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• I like Annabel Karmel recipes she has interesting combinations that can be made for the WHOLE family :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:16 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• By that age, mine were on table foods, eating whatever we ate either cut up tiny or mashed with the back of my fork.

Answer by missanc at 8:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2011