• In the Spotlight:

Really get stuff for free?

You know how there's those stupid ads that are like "Get free Ugg boots!" ect. I was wondering if anyone ever found a place that you can actually get this stuff for free, brand new?

I'm sure it's unlikely, but you never know with the internet these days.

oliviasmomma09

Asked by oliviasmomma09 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Shopping

• I have a membership with Shespeaks (its free) they are market research - they have sent me free things to try and then fill out a survey about. Its fairly painless. Usually its beauty or food products. I had some Ghiradelli chocolates last week - num! I also have an account with BzzAgent - based on your profile and where you live they send all sorts of stuff. My friend got a $200 SonicCare toothbrush, and some tequila.. heh and various other smaller things. I like both - the requirement is agreeing to review the products. They also send you a bunch of coupons you can give to friends, family and coworkers. Word of mouth advertising.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• its not as easy as it used to be. when i was pregnant i would sit on the computer and find free stuff, there was a great forum board where people would post real free stuff, trial stuff and such, but over the past ew years free stuff has been harder and harder to find, i usually go to the web sites for the stuff i use and see what they are offering
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 12:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• nothings ever free. it all has strings attached.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• thalie, I agree.
    I found mysavings.com where it's all free samples.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• There are lots of free samples up for grabs, walmart.com has a list going all the time. There are also blogs that find samples for you. But free ugg boots? No, not going to happen. You'll end up looking at an hour worth of ads and then your browser will crash as soon as it says "Just one more page!"
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• ou'll end up looking at an hour worth of ads and then your browser will crash as soon as it says "Just one more page!"

Haha, I know. that's why I wondered. I never fall for those stupid ads.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My dad always said, "You get what you pay for". =)
    And the song says, "Nothin from Nothin leaves Nothin'" LOL

I have never trusted anything like that. Good Luck!
    TotallyPassion

Answer by TotallyPassion at 9:50 AM on Dec. 22, 2008