carrot how to precook them

I want to precook carrots for christmas dinner...any ideas and recipes tina in NY state

Tinkie107

Asked by Tinkie107 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Food & Drink

• i would try cooking them until they have just a small crunch to the centers still. Then at dinner you can pop them into the micro with the seasoning you like and take them to the table and they will not be too soggy Good luck!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I wouldn't precook. Color can be off. They cook quickly enough- I like those ziploc steam bags. I add butter and brown sugar and zap em for six minutes ( we like them a little crunchy). You can blanch them for about 5 minutes in boiling water then drain and drop into an ice bath to stop the cooking and keep the color bright. Good Luck!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:51 PM on Dec. 21, 2008