When your baby dropped did you feel like you were squishing her head??

My girl dropped about 2 weeks ago, and I can tell she has dropped even further since then. Not sure what station she is at though. But anytime I get up and walk around, and even when I try to put my legs together, it feels like I am squishing the crap out of her head. It's SOOOO painful!! Am I hurting her when it's hurting me?

I know this may be a funny Q to some of ya'll but I'm seriously in pain because of her head, and I'm just wondering if it's hurting her as well. One of my friends' baby was born with a knot on her head because she dropped really early too. Just wondering if there is a way to prevent her from getting hurt....

I'm 37 wks

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 1:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I do have to say it is funny because I had all kinds of thoughts like that....
    When I sit, does he squish up?
    When I poop, (tmi) I used to wonder if I could push him out?
    If I bent over, did I squish him?
    If I coughed/laughed or sneezed, did it giggle him around?

Now on the serious side....just take it easy. If you are having that much concern, see the doc just to make sure. Stay off you feet as much as possible and relax.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 1:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• She's ok mama-and omg yes it hurts! I remeber with ds I would have to sit down ANYWHERE I WAS because the pressure was so bad. One time it was the floor of the grocery store lol. She may have a little misshape to her head but within a day or 2 it should go away and she will be gorgeous.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Hehe, KSCMBZ, I think some of those thoughts a LOT! Especially when I poo, I think I'm gonna accidentally push her out! lol
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• When my kids dropped I had to walk with my legs wide open to allow room. lol I looked so funny I bet.

Some babies just drop really low. However if it's worrying you I would ask your doctor or midwife.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 1:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Ks, LOL i thought about that all of that too lol

it hurs like crazy Sr~

this didnt happen with my first dd
    but this little bundle ...has me walking funny everyday!
    i hate when i get up and my HIPS FEEL like their going to SLIDE or POP out of socket ...it freaks me out
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I think the baby will be fine. I could feel my son turn his head & the grinding/swooshing feeling would make my skin crawl.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2008