Lunch Ideas for a 9 year old

I need some ideas to pack in my 9 year old sons lunches for school. He likes pretty much everything but I run out of ideas as to what to pack

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:01 AM on Aug. 3, 2011 in

• We did a lot of wraps when my kids took their lunches to school. I would spread cream cheese on a flour tortilla and top with deli turkey, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce and black olives and roll them up nice and tight. The kids loved them. We also did a lot of homemade soups in their thermos so they would have a soup and sandwich kind of lunch most days. We also did sliced apples with carmel dip (I made my own and put it in little to-go containers) or veggie sticks with ranch dip. I would use the dehydrator and make banana chips and pack that for them a lot and my younger daughter went on a kick where she bought a milk and we packed dry ceral and she had breakfast for lunch some days.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:42 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• pasta, subway style rolls, homemade mini pizzas or homemade pies and sausage rolls, little fruit salads, potato salad. Pends on if theres any rules really - My mom used to also do chicken wings (or legs). I dont have any in school jsut going on what I used to take
    vickiw89

Answer by vickiw89 at 8:27 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• Sandwhiches (turkey, ham, PBJ, chicken or tuna salad, pimento cheese, cream cheese and jelly, banana, tomato, etc.)0, Wraps (flour tortillas w/ anything that you would put into a sandwhich), Pitas (also see sandwhich), cracker with chicken salad, cold pasta salad, fresh fruit and veggies with small cups of ranch or peanut butter, string cheese, yogurt (just freeze it the night before), granola bars, nutrigrain bars, nuts, trail mix, thermos (soups, spagetti, etc)
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• he doesn't like pimento and is allergic to tomatoes but thanks for the ideas ladies please add more
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 9:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• Keep it simple, just pack whatever cold lunch you'd be making at home for him!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• my son, also 9, takes his lunches. This year i'm adding a new idea..i'm trying to make things into finger food, bite size, or smaller. Anything you can buy (procecessed, full of fat and crap) you can make homemade and healthier. Like corn dogs. make corn muffins with cut up turkey dogs inside! I make homemade pizza and cut it into strips and put it in the thermos. Homemade chicken strips with crushed fiber one cereal (fiber and protien!). Oh my i've got tons and tons of things i've done or found recipes for. if you want to pm me i can email you with some ideas tomorrow. I've got a list somewhere.....!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• Ask him what he'd like.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2011