Built up residue on hair?

Does anyone have some home remedies to get out residue of products on hair?Even after I wash my hair it still feels sticky.

nygirlcathe

Asked by nygirlcathe at 1:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• i found that Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo works the best and it is really inexpensive - I use it once or twice a week depending on how much styling I do. The first time you use it leave it in your hair for about 5 minutes to disolve the residue, make sure you condition afterwards as well. If your hair is colored, dont use it more than once a week because it will take the color our faster than normal -
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 1:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Try washing with vinegar and baking soda. You massage the baking soda and then rinse with water. Then take a tablespoonful of apple cider vinegar (any vinegar will work) and put it in a cup of water. Rinse your hair with that. Then rinse again with water.

This will help get a lot of the gunk out of your hair. It'll clean it without stripping your hair of its natural oils.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 1:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I have heard washing with beer actually works, thats what my hairdresser told me seriously.
    logansmommy8

Answer by logansmommy8 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I laways use apple ciger vinegar...I use it in my bathwater as well as use it to wash my hair!! I swear by that stuff..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I have to agree with the baking soda. My Mom was a hairdresser and used this on customers. She said it was better then any fancy salon stuff that was sold for this.
    itsazoohere

Answer by itsazoohere at 8:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I go to Beauty school, and I had this same problem...Baby powder is amazing. You just put a little on your hands, rub them together and run your fingers though your hair. It works amazing!! I dont like to wash my hair everyday, but mine looks greasy after about 12 hrs. and this is what it do. It is cheap and works perfect!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 9:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2008