Obama 2008

Why do ppl consider Obama the first "black" president even though he is "mult-racial" ? I'm glad he got elected, and I believe that he will make a change in society. just wanted others thoughts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• He'll make a change...not the change I hoped for though!

I could care less what color he is.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Probably because he's the first man that isn't caucasian. He's multi-racial, yes. But if you look at him do you think that, or do you think black? I personally see a black man. Ha. Either way, who the eff cares. Let's just hope he does a good job.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• that has been a debat , that he is from a mixed family and therefore not "black" to me he is black, his skin is black, he is black. people are just looking for something to talk about, im not glad he was elected, he will aim this country twards socialism. his family was communist. but he is black, i dont care what color or race he is, i dont like him
    Anonymous

• Most ppl go by what the Father is. What does Obama consider himself? I have always heard him refer himself as African-American and if you notice he identifies himself with the African-
    American culture. What's the bigDeal?
    Anonymous

• I don't see black or white. I just see a man.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• A good man I might add.
    Imogine

• THANKS ALL..I WAS JUST CURIOUS BECAUSE I HEAR PPL SAYING HE IS THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT AND I DON'T NECESSARILY AGREE BECAUSE HE IS MIXED, I DON'T THINK THAT IS ACCURATE.
    Anonymous

• Well, he's the first mixed president too.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• The only reason why you are saying it is not accurate is because you want to to take the credit away of being an African American President. It really gets on my last nerve.
    Anonymous

• I think it will be interesting four years from now, what everyone considers him. For now, the African-American population want to take credit for him being the first black president, but if he does bad, or things continue to tank, they will start calling him multi-racial.
    Anonymous