What natural things can I do to help kick this cold?

I've inhaled steam and I've eaten a few oranges for the vitamin C, what else can I do?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 1:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Health

• Echinacia boosts your imune system. It tastes horrible but it helps. You can buy it in a spray (I tend to spray the back of my throat and then drink some water to avoid the taste).
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 1:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Take some Nyquil and go to sleep, If that doesn't work take 2 shots of Tequila or maybe 3 then go to sleep...zzzzzzz I hope you feel better.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• sleep
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 2:09 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I have had a very bad cold since Thursday and aside from taking Sudafed PE, I have been drinking lots of orange juice, eating chicken noodle soup, and using saline nosespray. I'm starting to feel better.
    determind

Answer by determind at 7:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Rest and hydration can do wonders for almost all ailments. Try a hot bath or shower (like you said, inhaling the steam is good), because the heat on your chest/torso can help break up the mucus. You may hack up some mucus, just get it out! Chicken soup actually does help (I can't remember the properties that do it, but it does help!). And yep, saline nose spray.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:43 AM on Dec. 23, 2008