trying to pregnant! Negative OPK's NO spike in TEMP...no sex drive, but still having sex EVERY OTHER DAY.I am 27 he is 21. Whats the deal MOTHERS!!!

I was on BCP for almost a year, i stoped taking them in FEB. Started OPK's on the 6th of July....BFN's. The name of the drug was OVCON 35mg (28day) Someone PLEASE HELP ME GET PREGANT. What are WE doing wrong???????!!!

notnormal1980

Asked by notnormal1980 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You are trying too hard! When hubby and I were trying for my daughter I was told to only have sex every 3 days or so. That way hubby's sperm has a chance to build back up so to speak. And stop trying! Most peopel I knwo who tried for a long time finally got pregnant when they quit trying. So relax, take it easy try to enjoy sex without it being a baby making process. Good luck!
    Amy_M

Answer by Amy_M at 10:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I was on BC for 14 years I was 29 when I got pregnant. I stopped taking my pill when I was 28. I went to a herbal store and bought tea leaves and a tea leave ball and bought tea leaves called Red Raspberry tea leaves.... You soak the tea leaves in the ball for no more then 5 minutes in hot water. I drank that once a day. I also stopped smoking started to do more exercises. It took in total 6 months for us to get pregnant. Now we have a year old beautiful daughter.

Good Luck and I hope it works for the 2 of U.
    MZeni

Answer by MZeni at 10:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I took Ovcon35 for 6 months, went off of it in January of 2007 and have been trying for a baby ever since. I never got spikes in temps or positive OPKs, either, for nine months before I finally got a specialist to look at me and we found I had PCOS and that Ovcon35 was actually making it worse (this confused me because I've heard some BCPs are good for PCOS, but apparently some aren't). I'd say have a doctor check you out. But it can take anywhere from 3-6 months for birth control to get out of your system.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2008