What is the difference in making love and just having sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• I think making love is intimate and between you and the man you love. Having sex could mean casual sex with a friend, a one-night stand, etc.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Making love is consumating (spelling sux) a relationship. Sex is something you do when ur horny.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• its impossible to have sex without giving part of yourself to that person... without an emotional connection. I know some people have casual sex and maybe have some real initmacy problems, but I do believe that you are still giving yourself partly to that person without intending to. Making love is sex with someone you love, being connected to them in every area. It is a really beautiful thing when you are married and commited for life.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• God, I remember the first time my bf and I made love...and we had been sleeping together for a few years!

It was something...amazing. It touches you deep down in your core, it makes you stop and just think...wow, I REALLY love this man...

Having sex is just something you do when you are horny. *shrug* there isn't anything special about it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• sigh. I know what it is but I don't have it. I have had it though and I can tell my young adult children make love with their partners. Sex with love is giggles before and after, it's knowing that person will care for you physically and has if you vomit from illness and such and that whereever you are with whomever that partner has your back about anything any where. Sex itself is sometimes hysterically funny and for some women it's about the man's penis and nothing about the woman no matter how long or short partnered. Don't sell your soul for sex. Allow a man to share your soul in love. If the guy doesn't clean you after random or chronic illness with gentleness and is angry at you alot, he wants your body for his use, he doesn't want your body because he respects you. Respect from another doesn't hurt when there is love. Sex without respect and love cuts deep and never heals.
    Anonymous

• Having sex is engaging in the intimate physical activity with another person with the objective of having sexual release. Making love is an emotional involvement with the other person, the aim is to express that love by being caring and intimate.

Answer by Bmat at 3:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2008